College Grads find job search success at college career centers, according to a new study conducted by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). NACE’s 2007 Graduating Student Survey found that:
- 52% of students who reported securing full-time jobs had applied for a job through a campus career center-sponsored career fair.
- 41% had posted their resumes through their campus career center’s website.
The study also found that the most effective methods weren’t the most popular among students:
- 71% of the 12,000+ students applied for a job by sending their resumes directly to an employer’s website.
- 47% of students mailed a resume directly to the employer.
- 44% applied at a career center-sponsored job fair.
- 34% posted a resume through a career center website.
Reprinted from Career Management Alliance E-Bridge #392