About 4 years ago I developed a specialized resume format to use for networking purposes. The unique design enabled resumes to be quickly downloaded onto and easily read on smart phone screens. The product was so effective that clients received several interviews.
Fast forward to 2011 – LinkedIn remains the social network of choice for job search. Twitter and Facebook, the new kids on the block, have impacted job search strategy so much that traditional resumes and cover letters are consolidated into CareerComm.
CareerComm is the 21st Century version of the career portfolio. In addition to your resume, cover letter, and thank you letter, your CareerComm package must include:
- Branded Resume with High-Impact Pitch Profile: shorter, sweeter and demonstrates value from the first word on. Accomplishments are the size of a tweet (140 characters) and support high-impact power profiles. The reader can easily scan critical data.
- Cover Letter: enforces your brand and guides hiring managers, HR staff, and recruiters, etc. through the key points of your resume.
- Power Note(s): immediately grab the attention of hiring managers and are used when both sending your resume by email and with email follow-ups.
- Personal Marketing Brief: provides people in your network with the names of companies and people on your target list and talking points to get you in the door.
- Personally Dynamic Value Driven LinkedIn Bio: differentiates you from people inside and outside your network.
- Branded Bio Suite: puts the perfect document for every event at your fingertips. From articles and introductions to corporate announcements, these documents project your brand in as little as 25 words.
- Thank You Letter: impress hiring managers, recruiters, and HR specialists by sending them a powerful letter within hours of your interview.